The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is going to conduct the NEET 2018 examination on May, 2018 as per regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 and the Dentists Act 1948.
As per the directions of Honrable Supreme Court, all the vacant seats of MBBS and BDS courses of all colleges across the country will be filled on the basis of NEET exam rank only. However, institutions established through an Act of Parliament that are AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry, will arrange their examinations individually.
Candidates must be 17 years old at the time of taking admission. The upper age limit for NEET is 25 years for general category candidates and for reserved categories the upper age limit is 30 years.
From 2017, all the condidates will get maximum three attempts for the examination and no previous attempt before 2017 will be counted to apply for the NEET exam.
It is necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum of marks at 50th percentile in NEET for 2018. The percentile will be determined on the basis of highest marks secured in the all-India common merit list.
NEET 2018 Online Application Form:
The NEET Application Form 2018 for admissions in MBBS and BDS courses will be available soon at the official portal. Here are the steps you need to follow to fill the form online:
- Step 1: Visit the official portal of NEET 2018, http://cbseneet.nic.in
- Step 2: Fill down the all the personal, academic and address details in appropriate boxes.
- Step 3: Click on submit button and note down the registration number.
- Step 4: Upload your latest passport size photograph and signature in JPG or JPEG format.
- Step 4: Make payment for application form fee with your debit/credit or net baning and print the confirmation page.